[unixODBC-dev] Timestamp in the unixODBC log file

anand.vasudevan at wipro.com anand.vasudevan at wipro.com
Thu May 11 12:44:23 BST 2006

Hi all,

I have the following entry in my odbcinst.ini file: -

[ODBC]
Trace           = Yes
TraceFile               = /tmp/sql.log
ForceTrace              = Yes
Pooling         = Yes

I get the following log messages in the /tmp/sql.log file: -

[ODBC][23545][SQLAllocHandle.c][463]
                Exit:[SQL_SUCCESS]
                        Output Handle = 11c340
[ODBC][23545][SQLSetConnectAttr.c][318]
                Entry:
                        Connection = 11c340
                        Attribute = SQL_ATTR_LOGIN_TIMEOUT
                        Value = 5
                        StrLen = 0
[ODBC][23545][SQLSetConnectAttr.c][500]
                Exit:[SQL_SUCCESS]
[ODBC][23545][SQLConnect.c][3549]
                Entry:
                        Connection = 11c340
                        Server Name = [testdb][length = 14 (SQL_NTS)]
                        User Name = [usr][length = 6 (SQL_NTS)]
                        Authentication = [******][length = 6 (SQL_NTS)]
[ODBC][23545][SQLConnect.c][3758]Error: IM002

Is there a way I can get timestamp in this file for each line of log
statement?

Regards,
Anand

www.wipro.com