[unixODBC-dev] Regarding return codes from SQLFetch();

sidhartha.bardoloye at wipro.com sidhartha.bardoloye at wipro.com
Mon Aug 28 12:42:54 BST 2006

Hello,

I have a query which is as follows:

select max( <id> ) from <table_name> where <column_name> =
'<some_name>';

This query returns no rows but SQLFetch() returns a code 0 while we were
expecting the return code to be SQL_NO_DATA_FOUND or 100.

However if we modify the above query to this select <id> from
<table_name> where <column_name> = '<some_name>'; then we find that the
SQLFetch() returns a code 100 when the query returns no rows.

Is this the way it should behave? Does it behave this because we are
using aggregate functions like max.  We are using easy soft drivers.

Thanks

Sidhartha

www.wipro.com