[unixODBC-dev] Re: ODBCConfig question

anand.vasudevan at wipro.com anand.vasudevan at wipro.com
Wed Sep 28 12:38:58 BST 2005

Hi,

Our application tries to connect to different Ingres databases.
We get the foll. error: -

"[unixODBC][CA][Ingres ODBC Driver][Ingres]GCC server has exceeded max
inbound connections."

when our application connects to different databases roughly (15 to 20)
in a sequential manner.

A typical scenario is

1. Connect to the database
2. Perform necessary insert/delete/update
3. Disconnect

The application checks to see if the database is already connected by
comparing the name of the previously connected database in a C structure
and if it does not match then it calls SQLDisconnect.

Thereafter,

SQLAllocHandle(EnvHandle);
SQLAllocHandle(ConHandle);
SQLConnect();

After all the table operations are done, it disconnects by calling
SQLDisconnect.

Should it call SQLFreeHandle(SQL_HANDLE_CON) each time it wants to
release the connection completely.

Will Connection Pooling help solve the problem? If yes, then should it
be of type 'SQL_CP_ONE_PER_DRIVER' or 'SQL_CP_ONE_PER_HENV'?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Anand Vasudevan,
Sr. Project Engineer,
Wipro Technologies, Bangalore.
"Work fascinates me......I can look at it for hours"

Confidentiality Notice

you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender at Wipro or Mailadmin at wipro.com immediately