[unixODBC-dev] Re: ODBCConfig question

Igor Korot ikorot at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 25 16:58:46 BST 2005

That's the problem. I can't logi to KDE 3.4.1 as root.
I can o a "su" from KConsole, but will get the same eror.

Thank you.

Igor Korot wrote:

>When I ran the ODBCConfig from the regular user, i.e. not root, I got following
error:

>"Failed to execute SQLManageDataSource", and then following mesage:
>
>"The most likely reason for this is that the Qt GUI plugin could not be
found or could not be loaded. Ensure that libodbcinstQ.* files are in the library
search path. The path can be altered by setting the LTDL_LIBRARY_PATH environmental
variable"

>What is going on here? Is it for the "root" user only?
>
>Thank you.

I will take a look. Does it work as root ?