[unixODBC-dev] ODBC API

Achintya Sharma achintya_sharma_99 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 23 09:02:57 BST 2005

Hi there,

This query is related to ODBC APIs...nothing specific to unixODBC. If you know the answer, please do let me know.

I am trying out a simple ODBC program. For a nvarchar2 column, I am sending NULL data. If I pass the StrLen_or_IndPtr value as SQL_NULL_DATA, actually 'NULL' value is sent to the database. But if I set StrLen_or_IndPtr to 0, I get blank data in that column as I wanted. For this 0, theres no constant defined such as SQL_NULL or something in the default headers.

Is there any alternate solution available so that I can get rid of these 'NULL' words in the database?

Thanks,
-Achintya