[unixODBC-dev] gnu build

Peter Harvey pharvey at mysql.com
Fri Sep 16 04:08:38 BST 2005

> the changes I have to make are basically adding the use of RTLD_GROUP

Nick,

I picked up the fact that you have added the missing files to libltdl. I
removed some references to generated files from Makefile.am in root dir
and this solved some more problems. But then I was left with a message
about a failure to find a rule to make configure.ac in the libltdl dir
during a 'make dist'. I did a 'libtoolize --force --ltdl' and was
finally able to get a 'make dist' to work. I am now seeing this in
mid-compile on Solaris 10 Sparc with Sun Studio 10 - so it looks like
this source distro is going to work for me.

The problem remaining is that I can not commit any changes to this set
of cvs sources as I have overwritten your customizations. Perhaps it
would be best if you were to do 'libtoolize --force --ltdl' on your cvs
sources so as to update the files in libltdl to latest revisions of gnu
tools and then look at manually adding your tweaks back in?

--
Peter Harvey, Software Developer
MySQL AB, www.mysql.com