[unixODBC-dev] gnu build

Peter Harvey pharvey at mysql.com
Thu Sep 15 02:28:25 BST 2005

Nick Gorham wrote:

> Peter Harvey wrote:
>

>>> Yes, I was concerned that it was way out of date, I know it caused
>>> you problems on suse in the past.
>>>

>> Don't get me wrong - great idea - just trying to catch up. Although I
>> wonder if libltdl would be best removed from unixODBC all-together?
>

> Remember that its the only sain way on many platforms.

FYI: I just did the following in the unixODBC root;

$ libtoolize --force
$ libtoolize --force --ltdl
$ make -f Makefile.cvs
$ ./configure

This seems to have worked fine but, of course, I can not check the
sources in now as I will overwite some of the changes you have recently
made as I have libtool v1.5.2 installed on this machine (SuSE 9.1) -
this is the 'dog chasing tail' thing I mentioned earlier.

Makes me think that libltdl should be left out of cvs (as well as files
resulting from libtoolize) - unless they need to be manually tweaked -
yuk? A requirement can be to have a libtool installed to work on a cvs
version of unixODBC and then libtoolize can be added to Makefile.cvs?

BTW: Sorry about the flurry of posts - just trying to work this out asap
as latest unixODBC sources needed for building other software :)

--
Peter Harvey, Software Developer
MySQL AB, www.mysql.com