[unixODBC-dev] (no subject)

Nick Gorham nick at lurcher.org
Tue Nov 15 07:53:10 GMT 2005

Igor Korot wrote:

>This is from the latest MSDN, and I believe that this code was always in that implementation. Now, the correct code is in place for the file "unixODBC/DriverManager/SQLDataSources.c", but it's commented out (lines 301-307 in 2.2.12), and the code that returns the library name with the full path is returned instead (lines 309-314 of the same file).

Yes, but what does "Description" mean, show me that entry in the MS
registry and I will show you the name of the driver that relates to the
odbcinst.ini line. If your ini has the path of the lib instead of the
section entry in odbcinst.in you will get what you describe.

>Could somebody please fix it according to the MSDN, and the commented comments? But maybe somebody did it on purpose? Can anybody clarify that particular piece of code?

You do always have the option of modifying your copy if you want it to
work in a different way, we do have day jobs you know?

>I will fix it in my code, and see if it will be consistent with the way MSDN describes it.

Ok.