[unixODBC-dev] ODBCConfig: undefined symbol: iniElement

Igor Korot ikorot at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 11 23:09:44 GMT 2005

Hi, Brent,
I just installed the unixODBC 2.2.12, and this problem is fixed there.
If you wait for a couple of days the ebuild for it will be available. Otherwise you can go to ftp://ftp.sourceforge.org/pub and download the latest version of unixODBC, comple it using the latest libtool stable, and enjoy. If you don't have a latest libtool, you either upgrade this, or build from the CVS.

Nick,
I upgraded the libtool, and it compiled fine. The issue with the iniElement is gone.
Next, I am going to test, if the problem with the linking to the library is gone.

Thank you.
P.S.: BTW, are you using the "bakefiles" or good old 'Makefile'? I am asking because, when the ebuuild will be available for Gentoo, I will like to switch, and would want to un-install, the hand compiled version.