[unixODBC-dev] Too many cursors open

Arun.K.Desai arun_k_desai at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 8 10:23:33 GMT 2005

Adding to Nick's response, For Oracle database, server
side there is way to increase the number of open
cursors by setting the OPEN_CURSORS parameter.

However, Oracle ODBC Driver provided by Oracle,
supports the 'CloseCursor' DSN option. An ODBC
application can handle 'ORA-01000: maximum open
cursors exceeded' error by setting this to TRUE. Not
sure whether same option is supported by 'easysoft's
ODBC oracle driver'.
Hope this helps!

Best,
Arun.

Nick Gorham wrote:

> anand.vasudevan at wipro.com wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> We are using easysoft's ODBC oracle driver. We get
this error after our
>> application runs a few hundred queries: -
>> 'ORA-01000: maximum open cursors exceeded'.
>> What could cause this error in the ODBC context?
>> Should this be handled in the application code or
at database
>> administration level?
>> This kind of error never ocurred with Ingres
database.

>> Regards,
>> Anand
>>

> AFAIK There is a server configuration parameter that
sets this.

> Also I would check your code to make sure it is
closing connections. But I seem to remember the server
will cache them as well.