[unixODBC-dev] Positioned update

Yanxin Cui wmsycui at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 01:29:11 GMT 2005

Hi guys,
 I am new to unixODBC, I tried to use positioned update but no success. I am
using unixODBC 2.2.11 and easysoft oracle odbc driver under linux
environment, the oracle version is 8.1.7, redhat 7.3.
V_OD_erg=SQLExecDirect(V_OD_hstmt,"select employeeid,firstname FROM employee
s for update", SQL_NTS);
V_OD_erg=SQLFetch(V_OD_hstmt);
while(V_OD_erg != SQL_NO_DATA)
{
 SQLGetCursorName(V_OD_hstmt, txt,sizeof(txt)-1,NULL );
sprintf( sqlstmt, "update employees set firstname='qqq' where CURRENT OF %s
", txt );
 V_OD_erg=SQLExecDirect(V_OD_hstmt2, sqlstmt, SQL_NTS );
}
 I got the following errors while executing the above stmt:
*SQL_DRIVER_VER:02.02.0005
SQL_DRIVER_NAME:libesoracle.so
SQL_DBMS_NAME:[Oracle]
SQL_DBMS_VER:08.01.0007*
*sqlstmt:update employees set firstname='qqq' where CURRENT OF
SQL_CUR134892408
Update statement: -1 (SQLExecDirect() function returns)
[Easysoft][Oracle]ORA-00936: missing expression at offset 43 (936)
SQLSTATE: (HY000)*
**
What am I doing wrong? Any help is appreciated.
**
Thanks
 Yanixn
**