[unixODBC-dev] (no subject)

Igor Korot ikorot at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 7 20:19:03 GMT 2005

Hi,
I was just trying to install the unixODBC-2.2.12., but run into the problem.
The ./configure part ran without any problems. However when I isued 'make' command, I got following:

igor at IgorsGentoo ~/unixODBC/build $ make
cd .. && /bin/sh /home/igor/unixODBC/missing --run aclocal-1.9
/usr/share/aclocal/pth.m4:43: warning: underquoted definition of _AC_PTH_ERROR
  run info '(automake)Extending aclocal'
  or see http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Extending-aclocal
/usr/share/aclocal/pth.m4:55: warning: underquoted definition of _AC_PTH_VERBOSE
/usr/share/aclocal/pth.m4:61: warning: underquoted definition of AC_CHECK_PTH
 cd .. && /bin/sh /home/igor/unixODBC/missing --run automake-1.9 --gnu
cd .. && /bin/sh /home/igor/unixODBC/missing --run autoconf
/bin/sh ./config.status --recheck
running /bin/sh ../configure  --enable-ltdl-convenience  --no-create --no-recursion
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for gawk... (cached) gawk
checking for bison... bison -y
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for flex... flex
checking for yywrap in -lfl... yes
checking lex output file root... lex.yy
checking whether yytext is a pointer... yes
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... (cached) yes
checking for g++... g++
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking dependency style of g++... gcc3
checking for egrep... grep -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking sys/sem.h usability... yes
checking sys/sem.h presence... yes
checking for sys/sem.h... yes
checking Have we enabled using RTLD_GROUP ... yes
checking for a sed that does not truncate output... /usr/bin/sed
checking for ld used by gcc... /usr/i586-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/i586-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes
checking for /usr/i586-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld option to reload object files... -r
checking for BSD-compatible nm... /usr/bin/nm -B
checking how to recognise dependent libraries... pass_all
checking dlfcn.h usability... yes
checking dlfcn.h presence... yes
checking for dlfcn.h... yes
checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... g++ -E
checking for g77... no
checking for f77... no
checking for xlf... no
checking for frt... no
checking for pgf77... no
checking for fort77... no
checking for fl32... no
checking for af77... no
checking for f90... no
checking for xlf90... no
checking for pgf90... no
checking for epcf90... no
checking for f95... no
checking for fort... no
checking for xlf95... no
checking for ifc... no
checking for efc... no
checking for pgf95... no
checking for lf95... no
checking for gfortran... no
checking whether we are using the GNU Fortran 77 compiler... no
checking whether  accepts -g... no
checking the maximum length of command line arguments... 32768
checking command to parse /usr/bin/nm -B output from gcc object... ok
checking for objdir... .libs
checking for ar... ar
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for strip... strip
checking for correct ltmain.sh version... no

*** Gentoo sanity check failed! ***
*** libtool.m4 and ltmain.sh have a version mismatch! ***
*** (libtool.m4 = 1.5.18, ltmain.sh = 1.5.20) ***

Please run:

  libtoolize --copy --force

if appropriate, please contact the maintainer of this
package (or your distribution) for help.

make: *** [config.status] Error 1

I don't understand why the configure should be running twice, because it's already went through fine.

So, my question is: should I run the suggested comand, or if not, what should I do?

Thank you.