[unixODBC-dev] Intended use of odbcinst wrt log/ini/lst?

Eric Sharkey sharkey at netrics.com
Thu Mar 31 16:06:26 BST 2005

Replying to myself...

> I'm looking over the automake manual now.  Is there any reason why
> you can't LIBADD a library declared as lib_LTLIBRARIES the same way
> you can LIBADD noinst_LTLIBRARIES?  I don't see any reason why simply
> changing log/ini/lst into installable libraries would prohibit
> continuing to encapsulate them as private routines in
> libodbc/libodbcinst.

This doesn't work.

I'm not sure why, but LIBADD doesn't incorporate functions from
lib_LTLIBRARIES the same way it does from noinst_LTLIBRARIES.

Maybe log/ini/lst need to be built as noinst_LTLIBRARIES, and then a
new library (unixodbc_utils.so ?) created to aggregate and publish
these functions as a separate entity?

Eric