[unixODBC-dev] SAP tests

Eric Sharkey sharkey at netrics.com
Mon Mar 14 20:07:30 GMT 2005

> My thinking is that variables could be set in the ini files. These could be
> stored in a hash in perl. These variables  could be used to substitute tokens
> in a command-line. The main thing is connection information but other uses
> are likely. I am also thinking that the variables would be scoped by keeping
> a stack of hashs of variables - one stack for each config ini.
>
> Does this make sense or does it sound like I am talking nonsense :)

I understand this completely, conceptually, but I don't have the requisite
Perl skills to pull this off in a reasonable time.

But why do you think connection information is the "main thing"?  I'd think
you'd want to have all sorts of info about the driver being tested in order
to verify the correctness of the system.  (e.g., the number of types expected
to be returned by GetTypeInfo)

Eric