[unixODBC-dev] SAP tests

Peter Harvey pharvey at peterharvey.org
Mon Mar 14 18:12:07 GMT 2005

> It doesn't look like there's any mechanism for doing this yet (my Perl
> skills are a bit weak, so, it's possible it's there and I just missed it)
> but I think process_exec() should scan the arguments before calling
> system() and replace any value in the exec string which matches an
> ini variable.
>
> Is this what you intended?

My thinking is that variables could be set in the ini files. These could be
stored in a hash in perl. These variables  could be used to substitute tokens
in a command-line. The main thing is connection information but other uses
are likely. I am also thinking that the variables would be scoped by keeping
a stack of hashs of variables - one stack for each config ini.

Does this make sense or does it sound like I am talking nonsense :)

Peter