[unixODBC-dev] ltdl

Peter Harvey pharvey at peterharvey.org
Thu Mar 10 05:30:54 GMT 2005

Nick,

I think this is worth mentioning again. I just built unixODBC from cvs
on my x86_64 (quad xeon) SuSE 9.1 box. I was getting that problem where
the file extensions were missing on the libraries. This appears to be a
result of using the ltdl (and related) stuff in unixODBC instead of what
is installed on my system.

I try the "--enable-ltdllib=yes" configure option but it seems to favour
the one in unixODBC even with this option. So, for me, I use a version
of the root Makefile.am which does not have ltdl in it, I move the ltdl
stuff out of the way, and I libtoolize. I have a script which does this
(ForPeter.sh).

This is, of course, is messy.

Seems to me that the build scripts can be made to work. I suppose I
could take a stab at making it happen?

Peter

btw: using the systems ltdl etc in this way does not solve the problem
with missing ini symbols during linking of stuff like DataManager - I
still have to have libini in the am file for that to work on *this* machine.