[unixODBC-dev] Test Suite

Eric Sharkey sharkey at netrics.com
Wed Mar 9 17:48:57 GMT 2005

> I have asked people here (at MySQL) about using our tests in unixODBC
> and I think I can use one of the two sets but even it is GPL and we
> probably want LGPL so doing test from scratch may be best approach.

Hmm.

I'd prefer to have as much test code to start with as possible.

Having the tests be GPL shouldn't cause too much trouble, I don't
think.  GPL'd code can be linked with proprietary coded provided that
it's not redistributed.  For internal testing of drivers by third
parties, having the tests be licensed under the GPL should be ok,
I'd think.  No?

Eric