[unixODBC-dev] building source tarballs from cvs?

Peter Harvey pharvey at peterharvey.org
Wed Mar 9 17:13:17 GMT 2005

Eric Sharkey wrote:

>>Not for me.
>>

>Sounds like your problem.
>
>Are you making sure to use libtool 1.4?  Attempting to use
>libtool 1.5 failed to build odbcinst correctly for me.  (The
>ini functions were missing.)

<hmm> I am using libtool 1.5.2.

>>I also added it to am in odbctest. I have commited to cvs as
>>it does allow me to build.
>>

>I think you should undo that.

Well it may not cause any problems to leave it there when using older
libtool and it seems to make things work fine when using newer one.

If it causes a problem when using older libtool then perhaps a better
solution (but some kind of solution) is needed.

Anyway; the commit is waiting for Nick's approval according to some
email I received after my commit.

Peter