[unixODBC-dev] building source tarballs from cvs?

Nick Gorham nick.gorham at easysoft.com
Wed Mar 9 17:13:43 GMT 2005

Eric Sharkey wrote:

>>Not for me.
>>

>Sounds like your problem.
>
>Are you making sure to use libtool 1.4?  Attempting to use
>libtool 1.5 failed to build odbcinst correctly for me.  (The
>ini functions were missing.)
>

>>I also added it to am in odbctest. I have commited to cvs as
>>it does allow me to build.
>>

> <>
> I think you should undo that.

Eric.<>

I think we should cool down somewhat.

Can I just say, this is a CVS that contains code that is good enough,
its not perfect, but it works for a lot of folk.

I am sure both Peter and myself will try and get you a working set of
code to do the work you offered to do, but there is no point just
messing with stuff for the hell of it. Ok, you may not like some of it,
but at the end of the day thats your opinion, and not in itself
sufficient to cause people to do work if they don't regard it as important.

I would say in my experience the way to get someone to help you is not
by  taking the offensive.

So far I have seen comments about the code layout, missing headers, "it
doesn't build for me", and general criticism of the code, and I have to
say, nothing positive. You have added a varags function, that you felt
you needed, and commented about the performance of code that no one
uses. and thats about it....