[unixODBC-dev] building source tarballs from cvs?

Nick Gorham nick.gorham at easysoft.com
Wed Mar 9 16:02:02 GMT 2005

Eric Sharkey wrote:

>>I added it then, soon after, moved all that work out of the root dir. As
>>I recall; I removed DBFIO etc from the GNU auto make
>>

>Your recollection seems to be at odds with what's currently in the
>repository, as the dist target still depends on DBFIO.h.

I am building from the _current_ CVS source, I will let you know if it
builds or not.

>>and left it somewhat disconnected from the build
>>

>Maybe "somewhat" disconnected isn't disconnected enough.  Should I back out
>your patch, reverting to revision 1.1?
>
>I still don't understand how Nick built a 2.10.11 tarball with this in.

Well understanding is always a personal thing. I built it from the code
I had here, that I checked back in before releasing the build. It may
well be the case that at the point you took a copy of the CVS that this
wasn't the case. AFAIK, it is now.