[unixODBC-dev] building source tarballs from cvs?

Eric Sharkey sharkey at netrics.com
Wed Mar 9 14:45:26 GMT 2005

> I normally do
>
> make -f Makefile.cvs
> ./configure
> make
> make dist
>
> doesn't that work for you ?

No, it doesn't.

Current CVS gives:

cyclops% make dist
make: *** No rule to make target `gODBCConfig/Makefile.in', needed by `distdir'.  Stop.

After editing Makefile.am to remove all gODBCConfig stuff:

make[1]: *** No rule to make target `DBFIO.h', needed by `distdir'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/u/mmhome/sharkey/src/unixODBC-cvs/unixODBC/include'
make: *** [distdir] Error 1

DBFIO.h is in a subdirectory of FDB, but I don't see FDB referenced at
all in Makefile.am, so I don't know how this works for you.

This looks like Peter's work:

  unixODBC/include/Makefile.am
  Revision 1.2
  Tue Nov 23 04:55:08 2004 UTC (3 months, 2 weeks ago) by peteralexharvey

  - added FDB to GNU auto-build

> I am not sure if the glade source for gODBCConfig still exists, I will
> try and search it out. It only started life as glade, then I did much
> more by hand. It was converted from a simple binary, to a loadable lib
> so it was of use to the gnomedb folk.

Oh, dear.  Fixing the user interface will be a lot easier if you have
the glade files.  If you don't, it would probably be easier to rebuild
the UI from scratch and just patch in code from the callbacks.

Eric