[unixODBC-dev] building source tarballs from cvs?

Nick Gorham nick at lurcher.org
Wed Mar 9 06:42:18 GMT 2005

Eric Sharkey wrote:

>I want to be able to compile cvs versions on several different platforms
>without having to downgrade the installed autotools on each system to
>run make -f Makefile.cvs.  I thought the easiest thing to do would be
>to make a source tarball and then redistribute that to the various
>machines in my compile farm.
>
>What's the producedure for this?  I tried "make dist" and "make dist-gzip",
>but ran into problems.  At first, no rule to make target
>gODBCConfig/Makefile.in, and then (after removing all the gODBCConfig
>stuff from Makefile.am) the same problem with include/DBFIO.h.
>
>Do you need a particular set of configure options for making the
>tarball?
>
>Eric

I normally do

make -f Makefile.cvs
./configure
make
make dist

doesn't that work for you ?

I am not sure if the glade source for gODBCConfig still exists, I will
try and search it out. It only started life as glade, then I did much
more by hand. It was converted from a simple binary, to a loadable lib
so it was of use to the gnomedb folk.