[unixODBC-dev] building source tarballs from cvs?

Eric Sharkey sharkey at netrics.com
Wed Mar 9 05:01:28 GMT 2005

> >Do you need a particular set of configure options for making the
> >tarball?
>
> The MySQL way of doing things is to create a source tar-ball

That doesn't answer the question of how to create the source tar-ball.

> In making the source distro you should not have to worry
> about specific configure options.

You can't run "make dist" to make the source distro without first
running configure, since there's no Makefile to have a dist target
to run before configure is run.

The current unixODBC dist target, as I've configured it, doesn't
work.

Eric