[unixODBC-dev] what should I fix?

Peter Harvey pharvey at peterharvey.org
Wed Mar 9 04:47:44 GMT 2005

> Great, thats what I was hoping, the main DM code is what I have spent
> the most time on, and I am aware that some of the other stuff does
> need a bit of work, but I haven't been able to spare the extra time
> for that, if you can help on the extras and I focus on the DM then its
> the best of both worlds.

My approach has been thus;

Since the day Nick rewrote the DM (there was just the beginnings of one
before)  -  I have avoided messing with it except to point out things.
Nick has been great at addressing stuff. This has left me to play in
other areas more freely (when I get bits of time). I also avoid stuff
which Nick simply created where it did not exist before - gODBCConfig
and odbctest for example.

I am happy to see you interested in areas outside of tests but its best
to discuss stuff with Nick before changes if it may cause him headaches
later as he is the main guy supporting it and he is likely to be here
when you have decided to spend more time on other things (hopefully not
too soon).

This has been my thinking and it has worked well.

Peter