[unixODBC-dev] building source tarballs from cvs?

Eric Sharkey sharkey at netrics.com
Tue Mar 8 20:59:32 GMT 2005

I want to be able to compile cvs versions on several different platforms
without having to downgrade the installed autotools on each system to
run make -f Makefile.cvs.  I thought the easiest thing to do would be
to make a source tarball and then redistribute that to the various
machines in my compile farm.

What's the producedure for this?  I tried "make dist" and "make dist-gzip",
but ran into problems.  At first, no rule to make target
gODBCConfig/Makefile.in, and then (after removing all the gODBCConfig
stuff from Makefile.am) the same problem with include/DBFIO.h.

Do you need a particular set of configure options for making the
tarball?

Eric