[unixODBC-dev] what should I fix?

Eric Sharkey sharkey at netrics.com
Mon Mar 7 17:27:36 GMT 2005

> I think the bits that I would want to know about are
>
> [bits]

Well, that doesn't really answer my question.  Everything is under
revision control, and assuming you're subscribed to the cvs commission
mailing list, you'll "know about" everything that goes in or out and
can monitor details of the changes with "cvs diff" commands.   Every
mailing list entry includes the timestamp of the change and
with two -D options to cvs diff (-/+ 1 minute around the timestamp
value) you can see the patch that was committed.

My question isn't so much about what you want to know about, but how.

You can manage the project in a number of ways, depending on your
personal preferences.  You can treat the CVS repository as "gold",
where all patches need approval before commission, or you can treat
the CVS repository as an open work space, where any registered project
member can commit anything, but you monitor the changes, and anything
you see that you disaprove of has to be backed out, either by you
or the developer who made the patch.  I don't really care one way or
the other.  It's your project to run as you see fit.  I just want
want to know what those preferences are.

> I can't remember the last time I had something from Steve...

Then I'm going to go ahead and replace most of what's under the debian
directory now.  I don't see any value in what's currently there.  I'll
also contact the debian-qa team and see what they think about Steve's
lack of response to my inquiries.

Eric