[unixODBC-dev] what should I fix?

Nick Gorham nick.gorham at Easysoft.com
Mon Mar 7 16:33:45 GMT 2005

Eric Sharkey wrote:

>Hi Nick, et. al.,
>
>I want to avoid stepping on people's toes if possible.  Can you clarify
>where you would like me to be free to commit to the repository and
>what I should leave to you?  I'm assuming anything under the tests
>directory is fair game, but if there's something else that needs fixing,
>should I go ahead and fix it, or send the patch through you?
>
>Currently in my working directory, I have a patch to sqp/lex.l to allow
>the code to build with newer versions of flex (2.5.31).  (It just moves
>the code currently in the user subroutine section to the definition section,
>where it really belongs (for all versions of (f)lex), and adds a
>#define for YY_SKIP_YYWRAP.)
>
>The newer flex versions undefine most of the internal macros for the
>user subroutine section, so the use of YY_FLUSH_BUFFER in yyerror
>is invalid when in that section.
>
>Also, the debian directory is really really out of date.  The current
>Debian maintainer is not answering my email.  I've written to him three
>times over the last year (last March, last October, and this March)
>and he hasn't replied.  Have any of you had any contact with him
>(Steve Langasek)?
>
>Eric

I think the bits that I would want to know about are

DriverManager
ini
odbcinst
extras
log
lst
cur
odbcinstQ
exe
include
DataManager
DataManagerII
ODBCConfig
odbctest
autotest
samples

I think the stuff in there has the potential to cause me the most
support work :-)

I can't remember the last time I had something from Steve...