[unixODBC-dev] what should I fix?

Eric Sharkey sharkey at netrics.com
Mon Mar 7 15:59:56 GMT 2005

Hi Nick, et. al.,

I want to avoid stepping on people's toes if possible.  Can you clarify
where you would like me to be free to commit to the repository and
what I should leave to you?  I'm assuming anything under the tests
directory is fair game, but if there's something else that needs fixing,
should I go ahead and fix it, or send the patch through you?

Currently in my working directory, I have a patch to sqp/lex.l to allow
the code to build with newer versions of flex (2.5.31).  (It just moves
the code currently in the user subroutine section to the definition section,
where it really belongs (for all versions of (f)lex), and adds a
#define for YY_SKIP_YYWRAP.)

The newer flex versions undefine most of the internal macros for the
user subroutine section, so the use of YY_FLUSH_BUFFER in yyerror
is invalid when in that section.

Also, the debian directory is really really out of date.  The current
Debian maintainer is not answering my email.  I've written to him three
times over the last year (last March, last October, and this March)
and he hasn't replied.  Have any of you had any contact with him
(Steve Langasek)?

Eric