[unixODBC-dev] unixODBC postgres driver vs. pgsqlodbc

Scot Loach sloach at sandvine.com
Fri Mar 4 18:09:04 GMT 2005

It's actually more confusing to have this older version of the driver included with UnixODBC.
The official psqlodbc driver works just fine with unixodbc, having the code forked like this doesn't make sense - when you fix bugs in your version of the driver, do you make sure they get back into the official distribution?

Having two versions is confusing for people who are new to using odbc with postgresql, and it potentially causes problems when both unixODBC and the driver are installed - which one is chosen by the driver manager?

scot.