[unixODBC-dev] unixODBC postgres driver vs. pgsqlodbc

Nick Gorham nick.gorham at easysoft.com
Fri Mar 4 15:18:20 GMT 2005

Kelly Burkhart wrote:

> What is the relationship between the unixODBC Postgres driver and the
> pgsql-odbc driver?  It looks like the unixODBC driver is an old
> version of the pgsql-odbc driver.  Is there parallel development going
> on in the unixODBC driver or is it stale?  Will the two drivers sync
> up at any point?

Originally the unixODBC driver version was there as the PG folks unix
driver didn't expect a driver manager, so the windows version was ported
and included. Since then the postgre people have added a --with-unixODBC
flag, so the driver in the distribution is not as required.

I continue to include it just to avoid confusing people. I guess it
could go now. Its not up to date with the PG one, but I do fix problems
with it as they crop up.