[unixODBC-dev] Question about who does the localisation conversions

Bill Medland billmedland at mercuryspeed.com
Tue Mar 1 20:00:37 GMT 2005

Can anyone help on this?

We have a program running under Wine through unixODBC down into IBM DB2.

In order to get Spanish display under Wine we set the LANG to es_ES under
Linux.  (Under Windows we set the regional settings)

When we get a decimal number (DECIMAL length 19 scale 3) from the database
under windows through ODBC it comes through with a period as the decimal
point separator.

If I use the db2 command itself to query the database, using
LANG=es_ES db2
then it displays with a period for the decimal point.

If I use isql to query the database, using
then it displays with a comma for the decimal point.

Can anyone confirm or deny for me that unixODBC will be doing the conversion
from the underlying database type on the basis of the LANG setting?  Or is it
likely that it is the actual database drived?

--
Bill Medland
mailto:billmedland at mercuryspeed.com
http://webhome.idirect.com/~kbmed