[unixODBC-dev] Driver name not recognised in odbc.ini

anand.vasudevan at wipro.com anand.vasudevan at wipro.com
Thu Jun 9 08:33:13 BST 2005

Hi,

I have the following entries in my /usr/local/etc/odbcinist.ini file: -

[ODBC Drivers]
Ingres          = Installed

[Ingres]
Description             = Ingres database
Driver          = /l1/ingres/ingres/lib/libiiodbcdriver.1.so
FileUsage               = 1
CPTimeout               =
CPReuse         =

The following entries in my /usr/local/etc/odbc.ini file: -

[test]
Description             = Ingres System DSN
Driver          = Ingres
Database                = test
ServerType             = Ingres
Server=lakota
ReadOnly                = No
RowVersioning           = No
ShowSystemTables                = No
howOidColumn           = No
FakeOidIndex            = No
ConnSettings            =

But when I try to connect thru my application it gives me the following
error: -

Failure in Connecting to Database -1
[unixODBC][CA][ ODBC Driver]Unsupported driver name (0)
RET CODE IS -1

However if I have the same entry in my .odbc.ini file which is in my
home directory, the connection is successful.

Can somebody point out what could be wrong here?

Confidentiality Notice

you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender at Wipro or Mailadmin at wipro.com immediately