[unixODBC-dev] ODBC driver regression testing

Peter Harvey pharvey at peterharvey.org
Thu Feb 24 22:18:24 GMT 2005

Eric Sharkey wrote:

>>Peter Harvey wrote:
>>
>>[] I added the "tests" directory to unixODBC source in cvs.
>>This contains my first pass at such a test suite. The infrastructure is
>>perl based and the tests are C based (but could be just about anything).
>>
>>We have, internally, about 150 tests which we want to put into such a
>>test suite but so far we have not managed to do this.
>>
>>Perhaps you are interested in working with us to do this?
>>

>I'm just starting to look at this now.
>
>Is there a reason you chose to use qmake?  Do you know if qmake is
>available for OpenVMS?  I haven't found a link for this.

I like qmake - just a preference I guess. It happens to work for all
target platforms for myodbc but I doubt it works for OpenVMS. In
anycase; I realize auto-tools is the way to go in the end as it is *the*
standard for cross-platform code and more to the point - for unixODBC.
For now qmake seems to work well and is easy to work with.

>Why do you have this in tst.h?  Don't we want the latest version?
>The code doesn't seem to compile with this particular setting.
>Is it broken on purpose?
>
>/*
>    Build as a specific ODBC version. The default is the latest ver
>    but we do not want that here.
>*/
>#define ODBCVER 0x0100

The idea is to have test code built as if ODBC v1. Other code (in other
dirs) are built for v2 and v3.

>This line in GetTypeInfo.pro:
>
>LIBS  += -L/home/pharvey/SandBox/MySQL/myodbc-3.53/lib -lmyodbc
>
>seems less than fully general...

Yes; clearly needs to be altered :)

>Are you willing to enable write access to the unixODBC CVS repository
>for me?  I'm user "sharkey" (8749) on SourceForge.

I see that Nick is ok with this - I am excited by the prospect. I will
plan on spending some time working with you to get this going. Its
certianly useful from a myodbc perspective.

Nick; please consider adding write access for Eric.

Peter