[unixODBC-dev] ODBC driver regression testing

Nick Gorham nick.gorham at easysoft.com
Fri Feb 11 16:59:08 GMT 2005

Eric Sharkey wrote:

>>I will run through it tomorrow, I need to remind myself of how it works :-)

Ok, I have just reminded myself, and checked that it still does what it
should

The default build builds the test module

libboundparameter.so

Then in odbc select the "Tools -> Manage Test Data Source" option

You will need permission to write to a file ${sysconfdir}/Gator.ini
where the config is saved.

 From that dialog, select a DSN, add any needed UID, Password or extra
keywords, hit new, then name the new test source. And then close that
dialog.

Then "Tools -> Manage Auto Tests" option. The it looks for a lib to
open, select the boundparam.so lib from the install directory, changing
the from to the install path where the install would have put the
libboundparameter.so

It gets the names of any tests from that lib, and adds them to the
installed auto tests.

Now "Tools -> Manage Test Groups"

Create a new test group, and add the selected auto test to that group

Now you have one or more test groups, that contain tests, and you have
one or more test sources that refer to a data source (or the ODBC test
Handles, option which uses the driver currently open in the odbctest
window to provide handles).

Now you can select a number of the tests to run, and one or more test
sources to run them on.

Having done that you can the hit OK to run the selected tests on the
selected sources.

Thats about it for a starting point. It all depends on having a good
collection of test libs. If we had the libs the that would be a big plus
for driver developers.

BTW, in case you are wondering about my comment about the authors of
quicktest,c, it originated with the Microsoft SDK :-)