[unixODBC-dev] ODBC driver regression testing

Eric Sharkey sharkey at netrics.com
Thu Feb 10 20:16:31 GMT 2005

> The best I can offer for the autotest is the examples in the
> distribution.

I must be thick or something.

Is this all I need to do?

  cd unixODBC-2.2.10/samples
  gcc  -shared -o custom.so custom.c -lgtrtst
  gcc  -shared -o quicktest.so quiktest.c -lgtrtst

This seems to build the files which I can then "Add >" from
the Manage Autotests window (adding quicktest.so puts
"Another Quick Test" in the "Installed Auto Tests" box) but it
doesn't seem to stick.  If I hit close, and then go back to
Manage Autotests, the Installed Auto Tests box is blank.  The
same problem happens with Manage Test Sources.  Setting up a new
test source seems to succeed, but hitting "close" doesn't seem to
keep the setting, since it's gone when I go back.  And of course,
they're not there when I go to "Run Auto Tests".

It's as if, instead of hitting "close", I need to hit "OK", only
there is no OK button.

What am I doing wrong?

Eric