[unixODBC-dev] ODBC driver regression testing

Eric Sharkey sharkey at netrics.com
Thu Feb 10 17:19:47 GMT 2005

> The best I can offer for the autotest is the examples in the
> distribution.

There are examples in the distribution?  Oh, I see, under "samples"?
No Makefile, though.

> The autotest is documented in the ODBC 2 printed docs from
> Microsoft,

I don't have hard copies of anything.

> I am not sure if the current MS docs include these details.

They don't seem to.  The ODBCTest app from MS is shipped with the
MDAC SDK.  The SDK help file says this about ODBCTest:

  Help topics that were formerly included within this section of
  the MDAC SDK documentation are now contained within the
  ODBC Test program.  Open Odbcte32.exe or Odbct32w.exe, open the
  Help menu, and then click Help Topics.

Following those instructions pops up a file not found message, as
the ODBCTest help no longer seems to be included in the MDAC SDK.

> There are a couple of test programs out there for drivers, but they are
> windows based on the whole.

I'm writing cross-platform, so, if you have a link to any of these
sorts of things, that would help me out.

Eric