[unixODBC-dev] ODBC driver regression testing

Nick Gorham nick at lurcher.org
Thu Feb 10 16:56:13 GMT 2005

Eric Sharkey wrote:
> I asked about the odbctest autotest feature a while back and didn't
> get a response.
>
> I'm looking for better ways to test the driver I've written and was
> wondering if there are any pre-built regression test suites out there
> that are available for testing new drivers.  I've poked around the
> net and haven't really seen anything.
>
> How do you guys test your drivers?

Sorry, I missed the post.

The best I can offer for the autotest is the examples in the
distribution. The autotest is documented in the ODBC 2 printed docs from
Microsoft, I am not sure if the current MS docs include these details.

There are a couple of test programs out there for drivers, but they are
windows based on the whole.