[unixODBC-dev] SAP "transist" test

Eric Sharkey sharkey at netrics.com
Fri Apr 22 19:58:02 BST 2005

Peter (or Nick), can you take a look at the transist test from SAP?

I'm not sure what it's trying to accomplish.  Near the end of the
test, it has a statement handle open with a prepared statement that
has one bound parameter.  It's got an open cursor on a result set.

It then does:

  SPRINTF(buffer, " Reset Params and execute the select again"CRLF);
  PRINTF(buffer);
  SPRINTF(buffer, " returns sqlstate 24000"CRLF);
  PRINTF(buffer);

  SQLFreeStmt(hstmt, SQL_RESET_PARAMS);

  SQLColAttributes(hstmt, 1, SQL_COLUMN_COUNT, szDesc, sizeof(szDesc), &cbDesc, &fDesc);

  SQLExecute (hstmt);

And this does return 24000 (Invalid cursor state). Ok so far.

  SQLFreeStmt(hstmt, SQL_CLOSE);

  SQLExecute (hstmt);

And it seems to be expecting this to succeed, while my driver returns
07002, since the parameter was unbound by the SQL_RESET_PARAMS
SQLFreeStmt call.

Am I missing something or is this test just broken?

Eric