[unixODBC-dev] SAP tests, myodbc native error codes?

Eric Sharkey sharkey at netrics.com
Wed Apr 20 17:01:00 BST 2005

> MyODBC does not use the same return codes as SAP ODBC driver. They are
> two different drivers.

Ah, I didn't realize that.  Ok.

Is there any publicly available info on these error codes, or should
I just guess?

> know this, generic vs db specific, issue has come up before but I do not
> recall a solution.

I'm continuing to work toward a conditional compile solution, using
a CPP macro to control whether the tests get built for SAP or generically.

> Another approach would be to elminiate db/vendor sepecifc tests all
> together. Perhaps easiest but I think less desirable.

I don't see this as a vendor specific test.  It's a test to see if a
driver correctly supports the ODBC function SQLColAttribute().  The fact
that it contains some vendor specific code to accomplish this generic
task is a design flaw in the test, not a vendor specific test.

Truly vendor specific tests should be dropped from the unixODBC test
suite.  By "truly vendor specific tests" I mean tests that use datasource
functionality which is not representable in standard SQL/ODBC.

Eric