[unixODBC-dev] Problem getting error on SQL_NO_DATA

Nick Gorham nick.gorham at easysoft.com
Fri Apr 8 15:16:28 BST 2005

ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT wrote:

>> <>No, I just suggested to use lazy evaluation retrieving diagnostics, so
>> just retrieve errors only if application calls
>> SQLError/SQLGetDiagRec/SQLGetDiagField.

With hindsight yes, that would be much simpiler, however, before MS lost
the idea of queing up the errors. I had to make the driver manager do
both. The immediate return of errors from the SQLDiag funcs, and the
saved and not reset return from SQLError. There is still the problem of
having to insert any errors the driver manager may also create into the
list.

If you look at the trace from the MS driver manager, that also seems to
retrieve the error before the app asks for it.