[unixODBC-dev] Views and ODBC

daniel at mimer.se daniel at mimer.se
Mon Sep 27 20:47:34 BST 2004

Hi!

There is no ODBC way of getting the view source, but there is a standard
SQL-92/99/2003 INFORMATION_SCHEMA view for getting the view source. The
view INFORMATION_SCHEMA.VIEWS has a VIEW_DEFINITION column...

Example...
select view_definition from information_schema.views
where table_name = 'V1';

Not all SQL DBMS products have the INFORMATION_SCHEMA views though.

Regards
Daniel Gustafsson
Mimer SQL Development
http://www.mimer.se