[unixODBC-dev] Re: Postgres: discarding NOTICE messages from SQL result

Martin Edlman edlman at fortech.cz
Fri Sep 17 08:55:14 BST 2004

Hello,

>>     May it be possible to ignore such non-result responses from server
>> and let only real results to be processed by unixODBC API functions?
>
> Ok, thats down to the driver, I guess those notices could be converted
> to informational messages.

Do you think it will be implemented in some future release of unixODBC?

> The driver(s) in the distributins are snapshots from the postgresql
> windows distribution. They were originally done as the standard PG one
> didn't work with unixODBC. It does now, so they are of less importance.

I tried to use psqlODBC driver from Postgres (versions 07.05.0001 and
07.03.0200) compiled against unixODBC headers/libraries, but neither works -
there are problems with connection to the DB. But it's not the unixODBC
problem, I'll ask psqlODBC authors.

> Neither AFAIK uses PG client libs, they go directly to the socket (this
> may have changed).

Wouldn't it be easier to let the psql libraries to communicate with the DB?

M. Edlman