[unixODBC-dev] Postgres: discarding NOTICE messages from SQL result

Martin Edlman edlman at fortech.cz
Fri Sep 17 06:55:22 BST 2004

Hello,

	I'm using unixODBC 2.2.3 to connect to our PostgresSQL 7.3 server
where stored procedures are used.
	There are RAISE NOTICEs commands in these procedures, whose
outputs are somehow transferred to the client (unixODBC), but it makes
unixODBC driver unhappy and result is discarded.
	May it be possible to ignore such non-result responses from server
and let only real results to be processed by unixODBC API functions?
	I'd like to keep such info as I administrate the db not through
ODBC and these notices are rather important. ODBC is used by client app
where I don't need these notices.

	Example: I want to insert mail account into qmail_account table, the
qmail_account_check stored procedure is triggered on insert and this
procedure decides whether domain in private or public and raises notice
about this.

	Last question, just for info - does unixODBC use its own
implementation of pgsql driver or does it use pgsql client libraries?

M.Edlman