[unixODBC-dev] unixODBC: Solaris Packages (32 and 64 bit)

Peter Harvey peterh at mysql.com
Fri Sep 10 20:44:47 BST 2004

> Of course, I have done the occasional Solaris PKG, but a automatic way
> would be better.
>
> Its interesting, looking at the packages I built last time and put up
> on sourceforge, which ones get downloaded most. The source packages
> stil seems to be popular.

I am trying to make MyODBC easier to use. One thing I am doing is
getting all the GUI friendliness found on XP wrapped up into native
installers for each platform.

Also; on Solaris few people have the best dev tools (from SUN) for
optimized binaries and gcc is not by default setup fully. So a binary
would seem to be a good thing for many... perhaps still not as good as
the source.

--
Peter Harvey, Software Developer
MySQL AB, www.mysql.com