[unixODBC-dev] odbcinst

lsunley at mb.sympatico.ca lsunley at mb.sympatico.ca
Tue Sep 7 04:37:55 BST 2004

In <413CEAD3.3000404 at easysoft.com>, on 09/06/04
   at 11:55 PM, Nick Gorham <nick at easysoft.com> said:

>Peter Harvey wrote:
>> Seems lookup for setup lib fails when section name (driver) is abs file
>> name not short name.
>>

>Hmm, I can see that happening, without the driver pointing to a odbcinst
>entry there is no way to find the setup lib. ATM it doesn't look for a
>SETUP= in the dsn file, that I guess would be the way to fix that.

>But I could argue that the lib name in the ini DSN file is just a short
>hand, the correct method is via the odbcinst file...

I noticed that here. The OS/2 DB2 driver likes to put the absolute driver
name in the DSN when it (DB2) first installs the driver using the DB2
installation routines. I had to hack the INI file manually to get the
thing to work.

I think I could write a bit of code that would search the ODBCINST entries
for a matching absolute driver name and use that to back track to a setup
library. But that could open a can of worms if the odbcinst has more than
one driver entry with the same driver and different setup libraries....

lsunley at mb.sympatico.ca