[unixODBC-dev] unixODBC on SUsE-Linux

Matthias Meier meier at fuh.de
Wed Sep 1 08:22:37 BST 2004

Nick Gorham schrieb:

>>> Any reason why the --enable-static ?
>>

>> Because i want to build static executables later on - with
>> '--enable-static' i get the .a-files which i need (later).
>

> Ok, but you can't use static drivers, as the driver manager needs to
> load them at run time.

I know - but at least the programm itselve does not need any shared objects.

> The text driver is quite beta at the moment, try the query in upper case.

All the same (and on the first PC i've installed unixODBC it worked with a lower case 'select'):

SQL> SELECT * FROM tst
[-----][unixODBC]START: hStmt = 0x806eb50 nAttribute = 10010
[-----][unixODBC]END: Attribute not supported.
[-----][unixODBC]START: hStmt = 0x806eb50 nAttribute = 10011
[-----][unixODBC]END: Attribute not supported.
[-----][unixODBC]START: hStmt = 0x806eb50 nAttribute = 10012
[-----][unixODBC]END: Attribute not supported.
[-----][unixODBC]START: hStmt = 0x806eb50 nAttribute = 10013
[-----][unixODBC]END: Attribute not supported.
[-----][unixODBC]hStmt = 0x806eb50
[-----][unixODBC]parse error processing 'SELECT' on line 1
[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLPrepare

(The problem has to be in the 'txt'-Driver because yesterday evening i've got a Informix-ODBC-Connection working)

Matthias