[unixODBC-dev] Building with native libltdl

Peter Harvey pharvey at peterharvey.org
Mon Nov 22 14:21:24 GMT 2004

Nick,

You asked to see the changes I use to make unixODBC build fine from my
SuSE 9.1 box.

What I do is move the unixODBC libtool stuff out of the way;

$ mv ltmain.sh ltmain.sh.nick
$ mv config.guess config.guess.nick
$ mv config.sub config.sub.nick
$ mv libltdl libltdl.nick

Then I edit Makefile.am to remove libltdl.

And do...

$ libtoolize
$ make -f Makefile.cvs
$ ./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-ltdllib

At this point I copy md5.c and md5.h from source tar-ball into cvs for
PostgreSQL7.1. Then...

$ make

The result is that the libraries have the proper file extensions and
version naming conventions.

I understand that you have tweeked the libtool but it would be good if
using  "--enable-ltdllib" were to simply ignore the unixODBC libtool
all-together  but this does not seem to work unless the unixODBC libtool
is moved out of the way.

Peter