[unixODBC-dev] Changes to SQP

lsunley at mb.sympatico.ca lsunley at mb.sympatico.ca
Fri Nov 5 03:33:58 GMT 2004

In <418AF7F6.4030003 at peterharvey.org>, on 11/04/04
   at 07:48 PM, Peter Harvey <pharvey at peterharvey.org> said:

>lsunley at mb.sympatico.ca wrote:

>>Hi All,
>>
>>I am working on modifications to the sqp library to provide parsing for
>>
>>1) joins (left right outer cross)
>>2) selects as table sources
>>3) intrinsic column functions for MAX MIN AVG SUM COUNT
>>4) qualifiers for tables and column names
>>5) column comparisons (in join clause conditions and where clauses)
>>
>>I have the parsing 99% completed (in test now) and am working on
>>implementing the functionality in the DBF file driver.
>>
>>Is anyone interested in helping me out with some testing and code review?
>>
>>Thanks
>>
>>Lorne Sunley
>>

>Awesome! What do you want me to do?

>Peter

I have the parser changes nearly completed now, and should be finished
tomorrow. I  need someone to eyeball the changes to yac and lex and the
sqp routine changes to  see how many things I missed... (hopefully not
many), and to run a bunch of SQL  statements through the parser to see
what fails... And if you can think of a better way (probably not a hard
thing to do) to implement the language changes, I'd appreciate
suggestions.

I should have some alpha code by saturday/sunday for the DBF driver
implementation of the SQL changes. That also has to be reviewed and
tested.

lsunley at mb.sympatico.ca