[unixODBC-dev] libodbcextras

Nick Gorham nick.gorham at easysoft.com
Wed Nov 3 09:54:55 GMT 2004

Peter Harvey wrote:

>Nick,
>
>Does libodbcextras need to be a share lib and does it need to be installed? I
>am thinking that it could be a static lib and not installed - similar to the
>ini, log etc libs.

I have just checked what I did here, its built as both, the dynamic lib
can be used by third parties, but it doesn't have to be installed. All
the DM and tools use it as a convenience lib.

I don;t see any point at the moment in it being a separate lib, so I
will disable that bit and see whats breaks :-)