[unixODBC-dev] libtoolize

Nick Gorham nick at lurcher.org
Mon Nov 1 21:08:53 GMT 2004

Peter Harvey wrote:

> Nick,
>
> Using new source from cvs found some lingering problems for me
> regarding using libtool files in sources from cvs. Thing that has me
> started on it is the lack of file ext for share libs produced on my
> SuSE 91 box. Solved by moving all those libtool files and dir out of
> the way then running libtoolize to bring in my SuSE 91 ver.
>
> Also; found that "--enable-ltdllib" would still use local copy until I
> moved the copy out of the way. Then I used it in configure after
> libtoolize.
>
> Question is - should I check this stuff in? I think so.

NO,

There are assorted tweeks and changes to libtool that allow it to build
unixODBC on loats of platforms, thats why I am somewhat reticent to
change from one libtool to the next.

unixware for example, is one that gets broken every time I do a build
with a new libtool.

Tar up your copy and send it to me ands I will see what the difference
is, and see if we can merge.

the Feynman method of solving problems:

write the problem on the board...
think really hard...